This post was inspired by the dailypost.wordpress.com Topic #237
Assemble your dream dinner guest list. Think of all the famous, or infamous, people living or dead, and pick 6 to share a fine meal with. Who do you pick? Why? What do you expect to happen?
Below is my dream dinner guest list of 6, and why.
- Mother Teresa – She had the inner fortitude to go out amongst the dying and poor every day. Besides her faith and spiritual driving force from Jesus, I would like to know what was the inner human emotion that kept her going. Would love to hear her thoughts on how far the world has come in eliminating sickness and poverty.
- Harriet Tubman – I would like to know what drove her day in and day out to risk her life for others to be free. Would love to hear her thoughts on what freedom in America looks like today, and if she would risk helping others for freedom again.
- Abraham Lincoln – I would love to hear his thoughts on freedom in America today and if there were any changes he’d make. Would love to know if he thinks freedom in America looks the way he envisioned it back then. What would he say to the politicians today?
- Lucille Ball – I loved her humor – the way she made fun of herself and others. Would love to know how she’d bring laughter into the world today. Would she choose a different career today?
- Nelson Mandela – A man of great courage and fortitude. Would love to know how he endured each day while imprisoned. Would he consider America as a post-racial country today? What would be his solutions to America’s racial problems?
- Jesus – I believe Him as my Saviour and Redeemer from the sins of this world. I would just be in awe in His presence. I believe I will know all I need to know when and wherever I meet him.
This post is also part of my Thankful Thursday series. I can’t imagine this world without these great individuals and all they’ve done to make it a better place.
Here is something extra for you. I hope you enjoy this short episode of Lucy!