**What is your biggest frustration about driving?
Is it people who don’t know how to merge? Or the ones who leave their turn signals on for decades? Maybe it’s simply the horrors of a daily commute in traffic? Identify your biggest annoyance and explain why it frustrates you so much.
**This post was inspired by Topic #246 dailypost.wordpress.com
I listed my top 5 annoyances to get to the #1 biggest frustration about driving:
5. Merging traffic – Lane changing in traffic and highway entrances tend to slow down traffic. People either don’t know where they’re going or just not paying attention when it’s time to merge.
4. Driver in front of me brakes too fast – The driver misses his/her turn and slams on the brake causing me to slam on my brakes and maybe the person behind me slams on his/her brake, as well.
3. Improper turning signal or it continues to flash or driver doesn’t use it – I waste time sitting at the corner only to realize the other driver intended to turn the opposite way.
2. Slow drivers in the left passing lane – These drivers think they’ll prevent accidents by causing others to drive slower. They only tie up traffic when both lanes move slowly.
Revealed: The #1 biggest frustration about driving is:
1. Traffic Light changes to yellow as soon as I approach it – I brake for yellow lights several blocks in a row until I come to the conclusion that I’m timed with them and will run through the next one. It is my biggest frustration because it seems to happen when I need to arrive on time, even when I’m not in a hurry to get there. And I’m not in the mood for sightseeing. The reason it’s #1 frustration – I expect the other annoyances to happen and am very watchful of those situations. I’m even guilty of doing them. But the traffic light thingy seems to be taking it a little too personal for me. 🙂
This post is part of Talk Back Tuesday