Such a thought-provoking post. I love the way you’ve laid out your points. Thanks for allowing me to Reblog.
What is confidence?
Where does it originate?
Why are some people apparently confident and others not?
These are questions that I have asked myself lately. I will start by saying here, now, that I don’t have answers, but I have some theories. I’d love to hear yours too, so please add your comments below, when you have read through.
A rough definition (according to Google!) is:
- The feeling or belief that one can rely on someone or something; firm trust: “we had every confidence in the staff”.
- The state of feeling certain about the truth of something.
OK, so it’s having trust in something or someone. But where does it come from? I think there are several things that contribute. This is not an exhaustive list.
- past experience
- an inbuilt certainty, perhaps it could be called “ego” in some cases
- a secure state, a sense of being
- being regularly affirmed…
View original post 279 more words